All that Glitters is Cold

This morning dawned with one of those fantastic, cold, clear winters’ mornings under a cloudless sky, but with really low temperatures.  The day was absolutely beautiful and, as the sun on the shortest day of the year barely scrapes over the hills surrounding Bergen, it was the perfect day to try and capture the play of slanting sun on the frost covered landscape…

White and gold

The thinnest branches on the trees are swollen and white with frost, perfect for catching the sun.

Silver and blue

Silver ground, bluish ice and sunlit branches.

Gold and green

Heavily frosted trees turn gold in the sun as the firs and pines on the slopes behind glow green.

White

Ice, snow, frost and sun

About Mjollnir
Scottish guy married to a Norwegian and now living in Bergen

30 Responses to All that Glitters is Cold

1. Jennifer says:

Lovely images. Beautiful color in all of them.

2. You really caught beautiful colours of winter in Norway in all those photographs, really stunning.

3. Tahira says:

I would love to do a Harry Potter and jump into your pictures! So lovely.

4. orisphoto says:

I always wanted to go to Iceland but I think your blog (and your pictures) will soon, change my mind! :)

5. Love the nature shots!

6. TBM says:

I would love to take a stroll there. Nice shots

7. billyeats says:

Beautiful site. Thanks for checking out my blog and some of my posts. Glad to be following you now.

8. fgassette says:

BEAUTIFUL!

BE ENCOURAGED! BE BLESSED!

9. awarewriter says:

Contrast and living light. You captured all.

10. anisjarossi says:

Great light !!

11. RDoug says:

Good series of shots here.

12. fgassette says:

Thank you for visiting my blog today. I appreciate the time you took to stop by. May your day be filled with joy and peace.
    BE ENCOURAGED! BE BLESSED!

13. beautiful photos, I’d forgotten how much I miss the glitter of winter, however, I hate the cold so I’ll have to live vicariously through your photos

14. philandre says:

I’m really enjoying your blog! Good luck keeping hold of your sanity, by the way. These winter shots are delightful – I sense you’re settling into Norway just fine! Glad you like “In search of unusual destinations”, by the way! Phil.

15. Paula says:

A clever quote, and outstanding scenes too :)